Prime Minister Andy Burnham has said that security arrangements for Prince Harry and Meghan on their return to the UK are a "private matter."
He added: "It's a matter for Harry and for Meghan, and we wish them well in the move that they are making."
The comments follow reports that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex intend to relocate with their children from the United States to the UK later this month. They plan to live in a private, non-royal residence outside London.
Security for the couple has long been a point of tension. Prince Harry lost a legal challenge last year over the levels of security he and his family are entitled to while in the UK.
Their children, Prince Archie, seven, and Princess Lilibet, five, are enrolled to start at a British school in September.
King Charles was told of the move on Sunday. There are no current plans for either Prince Harry or Meghan to resume roles as working royals.
Reviewed by Admin
on
August 20, 2026
Rating:



